Friday, December 4, 2009

Florence

After Thanksgiving we went to Florence and Pisa for the rest of the weekend.  We loved it if only because the sun was shining!  We haven't seen the sun up here in Aviano for about 3 weeks, so seeing the sun was a welcome treat.  We had our tickets to see the David and to go inside the Uffizi Gallery - we walked by the Duomo, but didn't go inside this time.  Florence was neat, but it takes about a day to see everything you want to see - which made it the perfect weekend trip!


No this is not a picture of THE David in The Accademia because pictures are forbidden and we would never do something that's not allowed!

This is the extremely impressive entrance to The Accademia

Her treat for being such a good girl in the museums!

The rather colorful Duomo in Florence
View of the ARno River from inside the Uffizi Gallery

3 comments:

Shaina said...

Fierenze was one of the only cities outside of my mission I got to see. I loved it! So many cool things there!

Becca Bell said...

Did you giggle when you looked at the statue of David? I bet you did. You probably even blushed a little.

moaspen said...

such great pictures. they bring back great memories for me. the picture I have of David is also NOT the real thing cuz I'd never take a picture of him, either :) It is such an amazing statue, I loved it. So glad you guys are getting out and seeing the sites. that's awesome.
~shiloh