Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Testers Needed


Alright, so I made this bread about a year ago thinking it would be awesome! I'm not a grapefruit lover, but Tom likes it, so I figured he'd like it too. Well, I made it and was disappointed. BUT, maybe some of you more creative chefs can come up with a way to make this a yummy treat for everyone! Maybe I didn't like it because I don't love grapefruit, or maybe the peel was extremely blah cause the fruit wasn't in season and totally ripe - I dunno. Either way, if you try it and love, or hate it, let me know! I'd love to hear your results!


GRAPEFRUIT BEAKFAST BREAD

Ingredients:

1 stick butter or margarine

¾ cup sugar

2 eggs

1 ¾ cup all-purpose flour

¼ tsp salt

1 tsp baking powder

½ tsp baking soda

½ cup milk

2 Tbs grated grapefruit peel

1/3 cup grapefruit juice, divided

½ cup confectioners’ sugar


Preheat oven to 325˚. Grease loaf pan. Beat butter and sugar in a large bowl until well combined. Beat in eggs 1 at a time. Combine flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Add flour mixture to bowl alternately with milk. Stir in grated grapefruit peel and 4 tablespoons juice. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake until tester inserted in center comes out clean, about 1 hour. Meanwhile, combine remaining grapefruit juice with confectioners’ sugar. Remove bread from pan. Poke holes in bread with a fork. Pour glaze over bread.

0 comments: