Thursday, January 17, 2008

Tom's Fini Flight

Okay, so these pictures are actually 2 months old, but I wanted to share them anyway. The week after Brighton was born, Tom had his final flight ever in the T-6. Tradition is you fly your last flight (fini flight) and when you land, your spouse or kids spray you with a firehose. So, even though I had just had Brighton 5 days earlier, I was not about to miss this opportunity to spray Tom down! Our wonderful friend Camille came over to stay with Brighton and I went to the flight line to spray the man down!

That's Tom in the front seat of the jet closest to the camera.
Unbuckling and getting out
Me spraying him with the fire hose
By the way, it was freezing that day!
There was some weird sense of satisfaction just attacking him with the high powered hose - it was way too much fun!

3 comments:

Shannon Martino said...

That is a great tradition! Do you think it could some how be applied to financial planners? Although I'm not sure Blake would be as good natured about it as Tom appears to be.

Unknown said...

I am glad to see pictures of his fini flight!! WOW it was greezing that day, I guess that would of made it funner for me to spray Jay:) You are so sweet, and I am so happy we were connected (houses I mean:) for 2 years.

Becca Bell said...

I agree with Shannon. Is there any way Tom can arrange it so we could come visit and I can do that to Mike?