Tuesday, May 27, 2008

SEDONA

We drove up to Sedona for the holiday weekend to do some climbing and hiking. The weather was a little too wet to do any climbing, so we just explored the resort town and hiked the next day. Tom's family drove down from SLC to hang out, really just to see the baby. You know how it is, once you have kids, no one really comes to see you anymore, they really come to see the baby. It's okay, I've accepted this and welcome it cause that means more time for me to read or run errands or do anything baby free! Anyways, back to Sedona.







This is Hailey, Matt, Tom & I about to hike up Bell Rock. We made it to the top of the center peak.



This was the hardest part of the hike. It's smooth enough to just scramble up, but that also means it's smooth enough to just slide right back down! The little "path" where it's lighter cause water probably drains down that way is the way we went up.


View from the top


Desert flower with bell rock in the background


You can tell how high it really was from a distance. The other pictures make it look like we didn't really go that high at all. We didn't climb ALL the way to the top, but we made it most of the way. To go higher would have been pushing our luck.



At Slide Rock


This is her "What the crap? I thought we left this cold weather behind!!" look



She wasn't willing to get totally wet (the water was freezing) but she played in this shallow puddle for a little bit.

Cold water!

Trying to drink out of Grandma's water bottle

Grandpa


Reading with Grandma and Grandpa

5 comments:

*Lindsey* said...

Good for you hikin up that mountain. Greg and I love Sedona! Nice hat by the way :)

Unknown said...

AHH that just made me miss AZ!! I have been excatly where you were!! Fun times!! Well I have been horrible at texting lately, she moved off my nerve yesterday and I knew he wouldn't induce me if she wasn't on it. And I was right I went to my appointment today, the good news, I'm 75% effaced but still just dilated to a 1, so hopefully she comes soon, now I guess we are just going the natural way, unless he will induce me, but we will have to wait another week for that!! I hate the last weeks of pregnancy, they suck!! But I do love looking of pictures of Brighton b/c it gets me excited to meet Addison!!

N Godown said...

I LOVE YOUR HAT!!! HaHa!! Your pics totally make me want to go up to Sedona! It looks beautiful. I've never been there! I love that picture you took of the flower. Beautiful!

Sarah said...

The hat is great, huh? More people should buy it! lol

Meghan said...

I am so jealous that you guys went to Sedona. It looked like so much fun! I am so glad you guys went to Slide Rock. Oh and that hat looks really familiar...