Sunday, September 14, 2008

Now & Later

This is where I live now........

And THIS is where I'll be living in 6 months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We found out tonight that our next assignment will be to Aviano Italy and we are so excited! I have to confess though, that I'm as equally excited as I am nervous, anxious and a lil bit scared even! On the one hand, I'm up for the adventure and stoked about the awesome experiences we'll be able to have and the amazing travel. On the other hand, it's an ocean away from family and friends and though we'll be able to come back and visit, what things will I have to miss out on cause I'm a bazillion miles away? I guess to make my life easier the rest of you can refrain from getting married, having babies, graduating or that other less pleasant life experience! That would definitely help. But seriously, do I fully understand what I've signed myself up for? Probably not. However, do I think we should have taken a state-side assignment because it would the "safe" thing to do? No. How could I pass up the chance to live in a foreign country? When would I ever have that opportunity again? So, I'm excited, but I'm sure I'll freak out a few times between now and mid-March when we'll probably move. That's normal, right? Well, even if it's not, we'll just pretend that it is.

6 comments:

TJ Eich said...

ITALY?!?!?!?!?!!! I want to go, too! I have this amazingly large suitcase that happens to be just my size . . .

Shaina said...

Italy is so amazing! you'll love it (I hope). And it's great because to be in the north because you can take weekend trips to anywhere, switzerland, austria...even France! We were talking about going back to Italy in a year or two, now we really have to. I seriously can't wait to hear all about the adventures you'll have! I'm so freakin' excited (and jealous) for you!

Meghan said...

So I am so bummed that you are leaving, but I am so JEALOUS!!!!!!!!!! I would give my left arm to live in Italy! How fun!!!! You'll have to update your blog all the time so I can live vicariously through you.

Jenny Roberts said...

FUN! Italy - what an adventure. You guys will have a fabulous time. I'm excited to check up on you six months from now and see all the fun you are having.

Unknown said...

YEAH!! Sarah that is awesome, we are so excited for you guys, hey maybe we will get that lucky!!

Tiffany said...

That is so exciting!! So can we stay with you when we come to visit? ..I wish! We will miss you--thank goodness for blogs right?!