Monday, September 8, 2008

San Diego

We had so much fun in San Diego! We took Brighton to the beach for the first time, went to Balboa Park, the zoo, toured the USS Milius, had a beach party, saw the Cabrillo National Monument and loved the whole weekend!

Cabrillo National Monument

We saw some funky stuff in the Botanical Gardens.




Japanese Friendship Garden


look at that spit!


we met up with some of our friends from Tucson at the zoo


I love roses, so while Tom was at his squadron "meeting", Brighton and I went to the Rose Garden and took tons of pictures.

After the tour of the USS Milius, we headed out to the beach. Brighton wasn't too sure about the water, it was too cold for her. She liked the sand okay until she face-planted into the sand and it stuck to the sunscreen on her face. She & I quickly went inside to clean up after that. Tom, crazy guy that he is, stayed out to play in the freezing cold water some more.

This is Brighton's reaction to the water the night we got there - needless to say she wasn't a fan. And then here she is trying to kiss AJ Wimberley, who's 4 months younger than her - she loves those younger men!

Sunday night we went to the Gaslamp Quarter and walked around. It's like the Plaza in KC, only 16 blocks instead of 9. Brighton was worn out, so she was content to just hang out in her stroller. This is my whole fish that I ordered - what was I thinking? Actually, it wasn't that bad once you got over the fish staring at you!

2 comments:

TJ Eich said...

Do you ever get tired of people telling you how gorgeous you are?!You guys had way too much fun!! Although, I must say, that breaking down on our way to our Labor Day get-away was pretty fun, too. :)

N Godown said...

I LOVE that Fountain!! Beautiful gardens! I love the beach! I love San Diego.....I love sushi, BUT I would NOT eat that fish on your plate...eww!