Sunday, January 11, 2009

I Love You, Hoss

I had written this longer post about my cousin Eric "Hoss" Kennedy who passed away yesterday, but then erased it all. I rambled on and on about how much he was loved and memories of him and the struggles I'm having with his passing, but none of that seems appropriate now. The point is he passed from an aneurysm of the aorta, it was very sudden and very unexpected and has shaken my whole family. I know how hard this is for me to deal with and I'm heartbroken thinking about how much this has hurt my sweet aunt and uncle and my grandparents. I hurt for their loss and for the pain that they are enduring now. I know that there is a plan, I know that they will all be reunited again. BUT, that doesn't change the fact that today it hurts. And it will hurt tomorrow and it will continue to hurt for a long time. I love my family dearly and wish I lived closer so that I could be there for them in some way instead of way out here sending empty words over the phone.
This may sound rude, but I'd appreciate it if no one commented.
I love you, Hoss.

0 comments: