Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Another First




Well, it took 11 months and 1 week, but Brighton finally has her first virus. (In all seriousness, I've worried about this a lot since I almost died at 5 weeks and then again at 7 weeks because of meningitis.) Anyways, she broke out with a rash this morning so after calling pediatrics on base we went to urgent care. I wasn't too concerned about it, it's not extremely red and it doesn't bother her at all, but it did get a little worse, so we went. It turns out she has Roseola Infantum - sudden rash. The doc says that it starts with fever (she had one on Monday, I thought it was just teething) and then a sudden rash appears and then a few days later, it goes away. So, here we are with the rash (the pictures don't really do it justice) and so now we can record it in her baby book as her first real, bonafide illness.

3 comments:

The Willis Wonder Years said...

OH my gosh! Poor baby! Did the doct. say how long will she have the rash? Hope she gets better soon!

Unknown said...

POOR BABY, I guess it could be worse, to bad she didn't get it closer to Halloween you could of made a fun scary costume out of it:) She is getting so big, she is adorable!!

The High Family- said...

Sarah-This is Ashley Mack High from Missouri. I am blogstalking and found you. Your fam is beautiful. Keep in touch!